IDWedgeKB – Keyboard ID Scanner
Plug the IDWedgeKB™ into any computer USB port, scan a Driver’s License or Credit Card and transfer contact or payment information to the screen instantly.
The IDWedgeKB™ form filler desktop solution scans drivers licenses, ID cards, credit cards and other magnetic striped cards and fills computer forms with information from the card automatically! Plugged into any USB port and recognized as a keyboard, the IDWedgeKB™ extracts contact and payment information fields from driver’s licenses, debit/credit cards, membership cards and student IDs and sends them to the flashing cursor on ANY computer.
The IDWedgeKB™ is a dual purpose, low cost version of our IDWedgeBT™Auto Form Filling ID Scanner, designed specifically for the desktop market, with unique serial port capabilities. Just plug it into any computer (MAC, PC, LINUX) USB port, scan a Driver’s License or Credit Card and watch it type contact or payment data into on the active form.
The IDWedgeKB™ is ideal for end users and developers on MAC, Windows, Linux computers with USB ports. With its embedded parsing software, it can operate as a Keyboard Auto Form filler with Any application on Any computer or be integrated into custom application using the USB Serial interface. It pays for itself by accurately auto-filling electronic forms twenty times faster than manually entry without data keystroke errors and does not require IT department approval or changes to existing software. See Diagram Below.
The IDWedgeKB™ extracts fields such as name, address, city, state, zip, date of birth, expiration date, drivers license number, payment account number, expiration date from state issued ID/drivers licenses, debit/credit card, membership cards, student IDs and sends them with keyboard navigation keystokes (e.g. tab, right arrow, up) according to a user defined formula via USB to the flashing cursor on ANY computer. The user defined formula is stored on internal memory and edited with a simple text editor.
For Developers: The IDWedgeKB™ can also be configured as a USB serial device to easily integrate into applications with driver’s license parsing libraries. It extracts card data fields and sends them in a fixed order, comma separated data string into the serial port. This makes IDWedgeKB unique to the industry. See the diagram below:
Suggested applications include:
- Grocery Store – scan date of birth string into existing POS system
- Hotels – enter guest information into reservation system
- Dispensaries – auto-fill Adobe medical forms by scanning ID
- Casinos – auto-fill loyalty/gaming card registration form
- Recycling – auto-fill state mandated forms from driver’s license
- Car Rental – complete car rental agreement by scanning license
- QuickBooks – create new customers in QuickBooks without typing
- Visitor Desk – auto-fill visitor log
- Keyboard – Auto-fills any electronic form on any computer via USB port
- Keyboard – No software development
- Zero footprint install – No driver or application installation
- Configure with simple text editor
- Compatible with PC, Mac, Linux, POS systems, Chromebook, etc.
- Fast: 1 second scan
- Reads all 50 states, Canadian provinces and Military ID cards
- Reads 1D bar codes, magnetic stripes on credit/debit, loyalty, and membership cards
- Industry proven dunk barcode scanner – ideal for customer-drivern interactions like kiosk
- Free software updates
- Easy firmware update – download while in USB flash drive mode and power cycle to update
- USB serial port for developers
- 30-day money back guarantee and 1-year warranty
- Saves Money – Eliminates costs associated with mistakes and speeds up transactions.
- Compatible – Works with ANY software application or web form that accepts keyboard input on ANY Windows, Apple, or Linux computer.
- Saves Time – No software modification required.
- Simple – No drivers to install
- Peace of Mind – No risk of malware or need to have IT department review any security since no software is installed by the device on the computer.
- Saves Software Development Cost – no annual maintenance fees, no need to download licensing drivers license parsing libraries
- Saves space – no external power supply – powered by USB cable
- Versatility – bottom port location hides cable and makes the IDWedgeKB ideal for fixed mount applications like kiosks or countertops
|Dimensions||4 x 2.5 x 3 in|
Requires a computer (Windows, Mac, Linux) with a USB port.
Dunk Scanner, Magnetic Stripe Reader, Keyboard Form-Filler